· by Bianca Caramento
This sub-committee is tasked with reducing red tape and improving efficiency in municipal government.
We are pleased to see that further progress has been made in approval times within the Planning and Economic Development Department (shown below).
- Two additional staff hired May 2019
- Filing system restructuring
- Creation of protocol for “traffic” components with Public Works
- Restructuring of comments
- Providing contact info of staff persons
The Chamber continues to seek further improvements in municipal red tape, through initiatives like the Open for Business report, coming out soon.