Digital Main Street
What is Digital Main Street?
The Digital Main Street Ontario Grants Program (OGP) is focused on assisting brick-and-mortar small businesses with their adoption of technologies. Through a partnership with FedDev Ontario and the Province of Ontario, grant opportunities are available to enable this digital transformation process.
Digital Main Street is offering qualifying small businesses a $2,500 grant to offset the costs of adopting the digital tools needed to get started online.
The Digital Transformation Grant also provides businesses with a digital assessment of their current online presence, structured video training series, guidance, and advisory support.
The grant applications have now closed. Check back soon for future funding opportunities.
Am I eligible?
The Digital Transformation Grant is open to participants who meet the following requirements:
- Has a permanent ‘bricks-and-mortar’ establishment in Ontario
- Is employing 1-50 employees
- Has not previously received a Digital Transformation Grant
- Is paying commercial property tax (commercially assessed), either directly or through commercial rent
- Is a registered business in Ontario and/or is incorporated
- Is open for business/operating at the time of application
- Is NOT a business supplying digital services to other businesses (e.g. website design/development, SEO, programming)
- Is NOT a franchise, including those individually owned and operated
- Is NOT a not-for-profit or charitable organization
- Is NOT renting office space on a temporary basis (month-to-month)
- Is NOT in a shared workspace such as a hot desk or dedicated desk
- Is NOT a purely online business
- Is NOT a home-based business
Please note that previous Digital Main Street Ontario Grant Program recipients may NOT apply for this round of funding.
Click here to read the FAQ for full eligibility requirements and more information on:
- The DMS program
- Applicant criteria
- Eligible costs
- How to apply
What can the grant be spent on?
- Digital Marketing (hiring a consultant/agency/person to execute digital marketing initiatives)
- Website (Redesign, improvement of existing website, Development of new website, Accessibility compliance)
- Software (Graphic design software, Productivity software, Social media software, Security software)
- Digital Training (Ongoing digital training courses)
- Hardware (iPad, camera. Hardware must be deemed necessary)
Digital Service Squad
A Digital Service Squad is a free resource of trained digital technology specialists situated throughout Ontario who will deliver personalized, one-on-one assistance designed to help main street small businesses navigate new tools and maximize their online presence.
The Hamilton Business Centre and the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce have teamed up to offer services and resources to help local businesses reach more customers and improve their overall sales through the Digital Main Street project!
Book a Consultation with your local Digital Squad Member, Danielle: <email@example.com>
The Hamilton Chamber & Hamilton Business Centre will begin hosting bi-weekly information sessions (TBA) to go through the grants program in more detail. These sessions will also address any questions businesses may have about the application process. Visit the Hamilton Business Centre’s Calendar Events for more details on information sessions.