Jobs at the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
Membership Engagement Coordinator
Established in 1845, the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce is the city’s oldest institution. The Chamber office is located in the heart of downtown Hamilton and represents 1,000+ member businesses. The Chamber is committed to contributing to the success of our members and our community. The Chamber offers a collaborative and flexible work environment and a competitive employee benefits package.
The Membership Engagement Coordinator will be a key player on the Chamber team within Membership Services. This position will play a key role in meeting the needs of the organization’s current members and in developing and implementing strategies to aggressively increase the membership of the organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this capacity, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with growing the membership of the Chamber by supporting the Membership Manager in the prospecting, onboarding of new members and the retention of current members
- Enhancing and exhibiting strong membership value to current and prospective members
- Acting as a connector for and among our members
- Managing and growing the organization’s affinity and member program offerings
- Engaging members in the Chambers programs, policy development and initiatives
CRM Delivery and Maintenance
- Assisting with the implementation and oversight of the organization’s CRM system
- Managing monthly status reports and providing updates to Chamber management based on analytics from the CRM and other tools
- Managing and tracking interactions with Chamber members through the Chamber’s CRM
- Collaborating with the team to develop and execute external communications and marketing strategies to members and stakeholders
- Ensuring the organization’s website is up-to-date and effective
- Assisting in the creation of all marketing materials including weekly newsletter, social media, video content etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a natural connector
- Adhere to the highest standards of customer service
- Have excellent organizational and project management skills
- Possess superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Have excellent interpersonal skills that will allow you to establish and maintain strong relationships with the Chamber’s membership network and broader business community
- Understand the needs of Chamber members and the local business community
- Be highly self-motivated and work with limited direction
- Be highly organized and demonstrate superior time management skills
- Be able to handle changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in similar role
- University degree or college diploma is required
- Skills and experiences in social media, graphic design, WordPress and video editing is an asset
- Experience with another Chamber or member-based association is an asset
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The term of this position is a one-year contract, to start.
Deadline to apply is May 28, 2018. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Whitney Eames at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download PDF version of job description HERE.