Jobs at the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
Magnet – Project Manager
The Project Manager position will lead the implementation and delivery of the Magnet project in the Hamilton community, working with Hamilton Chamber of Commerce staff and partners. Strong skills in project management, stakeholder relations, research, and communications are required for this role. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The term of this position is a one-year contract, to start.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute an effective marketing and outreach campaign to promote awareness and increase uptake of the Magnet program with prospective employers and job seekers in the Hamilton region.
- Develop strong working relationships with public and private stakeholders, and prospective employers.
- Support the utilization of a central jobs portal for the Hamilton community.
- Track and distribute labour market data collected with partners, as required.
- Establish industry partnerships that would sustain the engagement of employers in workforce development issues.
- Assume additional roles and responsibilities at the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, as directed.
- Demonstrate the characteristics and techniques of a highly effective project manager, ideally with a human resources background.
- Possess superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships across the private, public and nonprofit sectors.
- Ability to prospect, on-board and orient new employers in a program, while ensuring a high rate of retention.
- Understand the needs of employees and employers in the labour market.
- Be self-motivated and work with limited direction.
- Be highly organized and demonstrate superior time management skills.
- Be able to handle changing priorities and strict deadlines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience coordinating and delivering projects. University degree or college diploma is required.
- Experience and education specializing in Human Resources and Project Management is an asset.
Please send your application to Whitney at email@example.com.
Note: If you have previously applied to this position, a new application is required as the role requirements have changed.