Hamilton Rapid Testing
The Hamilton Chamber of Commerce is pleased to provide Hamilton businesses and organizations with COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Testing Kits for their workplace (*150 employees or less*). For businesses with over 150 employees, please order directly from the Ontario government portal. If you are interested in ordering kits for your workplace, please read the instructions below carefully.
Eligible to participate:
- Businesses (including non-chamber members) with 150 employees or less.
- Private career colleges and private-designated learning institutions (post-secondary). Tests are available for unvaccinated employees, contractors, volunteers, and students attending campus.
- Private schools and public schools (elementary and secondary). Tests are available for unvaccinated employees, bus drivers, and regular visitors.
- Childcare centres. Tests are available for unvaccinated employees and regular visitors. In the case of home-based childcare programs, other unvaccinated adults in residence, or regularly at the residence, also qualify for testing. Each staff member will receive one box (25 tests) to complete their own testing at home and must complete the online training.
Important Documents & Information Before Placing your Order
All Ontario Businesses are required to watch a 5-minute instructional training video on Self-Collection for COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Testing. CLICK HERE TO WATCH.
All Ontario Businesses are required to complete a Provincial Antigen Screening Program (PASP) form upon their first pick-up. Please bring the completed document when you check in to pick up your order. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM.
The Hamilton Rapid Testing Program operates Tuesday to Thursday from 10 am – 3 pm. The kit pick-up location is: 44 Frid St, Hamilton, ON L8P 4M3 (*Gate 4*). CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS.
Steps to Order Rapid Testing Kits & Refills
STEP ONE: Ordering Kits
- Assign a contact person at your office to be the Screening Supervisor Designate (Contact Person).
- Schedule a pick-up date and time. If it is your first time, select “First pick-up”; if you are a returning business, select “Refills”.
- Once your order is received you will receive an email confirmation.
If you have multiple businesses, please fill out one form per business.
If your business has locations across Canada, you are to order directly from the Health Canada portal.
STEP TWO: Picking Up Kits
Your kit pick-up location is: 44 Frid St, Hamilton, ON L8P 4M3 (*Gate 4*)
- All visitors are required to wear a mask/face covering and physically distance when picking up their order. Businesses must complete and pass a COVID-19 Assessment at the premises before entry.
- Check-in at the registration desk, provide your signed documents, and pick-up your kits.
STEP THREE: Reporting Your Results
In order to participate in the Hamilton Rapid Testing program, each business will be required to electronically submit their reporting results and will be recommended to screen staff twice weekly.
Your Screening Supervisor Designate (Contact Person) will be responsible for reporting all results. Complete the Report Your Results form. Results can only be submitted through this form.
If you are ordering refills, you MUST have reported your results as per the Provincial Antigen Screening Program (PASP) Agreement. We will not refill orders unless you have reported the results for 75% of the screening kits that you picked up.
Information will be shared with Health Canada and the Ministry of Health Ontario.
Anyone who receives a positive test result through the Hamilton Rapid Testing Program will need to make arrangements with Hamilton Public Health to receive a PCR test as soon as possible. They must also work with Hamilton Public Health to determine when it is safe for them to return to work.
*Disposing of used kits*
The Government of Ontario has updated its guidance on how businesses should handle the waste from used screening kits. Please review this web page to understand the updated responsibilities for companies participating in the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions document first.
If you require further assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This benefit for businesses is made possible through the COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative – an initiative with the Ontario Chamber Network.