Virtual HR Network Meeting: Employment Standards & COVID-19
Join us for our upcoming HR Network meeting to review Employment Standards Act changes related to COVID-19.
The HR Network Planning Committee (comprised of HR Professionals and a Human Rights Lawyer) will answer questions during the Chamber’s special COVID-19 HR Networking Event on Thursday, July 23 from 1 – 2:30 PM.
Are you an HR professional or responsible for HR issues in your company? Do you know the answers to the following questions?:
- Do you or have you had an employee not want to return to work because they feel anxious?
- Do you know what to do if an employee is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms but insists he or she is fine?
- Do you understand the infectious disease emergency leave and how and when layoffs turn into constructive dismissals?
- Do you know if you have to pay an employee off work due to COVID-19?
- Do you know the steps you can take to reduce your liability of a COVID-19 spread in your workplace/office?
- Do you have wording in your employment contracts saying employees may be terminated due to unforeseen events, and do you know if it will “cover” you?
- Do you want to bring back most of your team but have a couple of people you would like to let go? Do you know if you can do so and the best approach?
If you answer “no” or “not sure” to any of these questions – or have additional questions – we encourage you to attend this virtual event!
Feel free to share this invite with colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
A Zoom link will be sent to registrants before the event.
Date and Time
Jul 23, 2020, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm