Call for Board of Directors
Hamilton’s oldest institution, the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, is committed to facilitating connections and collective action to strengthen the economic engine of our community.
We are now seeking talented individuals from across the community to serve on our Board of Directors. Successful applicants will have a passion for all things Hamilton, knowledge of the local business community and bring skills and/or traits in one or more areas of Board governance and leadership:
- Community Presence/Leadership Experience
- Marketing & Branding
- Human Resources
- Strategic/Innovative Thinking
- Health Care/Education
- Large Company
- Policy/Advocacy/Government Affairs
Only Chamber members (or representatives of corporate members) are eligible. Board members are elected to a two-year term, for a maximum of two terms, and are expected:
- to participate in and be thoroughly prepared for Board meetings (usually held five times a year at our office in Downtown Hamilton);
- to participate in the annual full-day organizational strategic planning session, and;
- to fulfill, as guided by the Chamber’s Board Policy Manual and Code of Conduct, their responsibilities in good faith and in the best interests of the Chamber, and;
- exercise these responsibilities at all times with due diligence, care and skill in a reasonable and prudent manner.
Nominations for Election to the Board of Directors must be received by the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce by November 1 at 5pm. Those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
TO APPLY: Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with the subject line: HCC Board Application
It is the policy of the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce to encourage nominations from vulnerable populations or protected classes. We accept applications without regard to the nominee’s age, gender, marital status, colour race, religion, creed, nationality, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, political association or previous conviction for which a pardon has been granted.