Trade Accelerator Program (TAP)
Prepare your business for the next level. The Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) is an innovative 4-session initiative, designed to accelerate the strategic development of your business and to better prepare you for an expansion into international markets.
Grow with the right tools. The TAP program will connect your business with top industry experts, provide you with the necessary coaching needed to build a personalized export strategy, and equip you with the tools and resources to find success as you grow your business.
PHASE 1: DISCOVER
The program begins with an intensive two-day workshop that familiarizes participants with the available exporting resources, introduces high-level experts in key functions of international trade, stimulates peer-to-peer
exchange of ideas and experiences, and provides guidance in recognizing and handling business challenges.
PHASE 2: DEVELOP
Approximately one week later, participants return for the Export Plan Day where they will receive hands-on support from leading Canadian export advisors.Participants will initiate the key sections of their export plan, detailing strategic objectives, market entry methods, international marketing plan, as well as supply chain and operational resources.
PHASE 3: BUILD
Over the following three weeks, participants will develop their trade plan. They will have the full support of export advisors to guide and assist them in developing an export plan that is realistic, high quality,and fully integrated with their overall business strategy.All export plans receive a written assessment from our expert team.
PHASE 4: ACCELERATE
The final day of the program is focused on mentoring, constructive feedback, solutions, and reinforcing business relationships. After reviewing the export plan, participants will receive individual mentoring sessions
from our expert partners where potential solutions and ways forward are explored.
- 940 graduates since TAP’s inception in 2015 (Source: TAP Master Graduate List July 2020)
- 33% average export revenue growth one year after participation (Source: TAP B-annual survey)
- 48% SMEs secured additional financing since graduating, with an average of $1.8 million in additional financing received (Source: TAP B-annual survey)
- Over the next 3 years, TAP graduates forecast an average growth of 36% CAGR (Source: TAP B-annual survey)
- 56% of the TAP graduate companies are owned or led by under-represented groups (Women, Visible Minority, First Gen Canadian, Youth, Persons of Disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous) (Source: TAP B-annual survey and TAP Application Form)
- An average of 2.9 jobs created/maintained per company at an average salary of $68k per annum (Source: TAP B-annual survey)
- 71% TAP companies export while 33% started exporting after TAP or expanded export footprint after TAP (Source: TAP B-annual survey)