Small Business – See How the Chamber Can Help You
The vast majority of members of the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce are small- and medium-sized business owners that have access to an incredible array of resources we deliver through a variety of affiliations, events and services.
We are, at our core, a connections organization, helping businesses get one step closer to the solution to their problem.
We measure our success by the success of our members.
Here are just a few….
- Affinity programs that can provide thousands of dollars in annual savings.
- Business development opportunities are numerous. We produce over 100 events a year, whether they be 500-person galas, our monthly Business After Business gatherings, or our regular committee and division meetings.
- We are natural connectors, introducing many members each day to key people/businesses that can help you reach the next level.
- We provide Hamilton with business intelligence, helping you understand the latest in government regulatory changes, regional business trends and raw economic data.
- Our directory of members is one of the most actively used features by both members and non-members.
- For further exposure, we prominently feature our members in our Pipeline newsletter, trade shows, conferences, social media and other media opportunities. We also publish a paper directory that is sent out to 2500 Business Leaders and Resource Centres in the Hamilton area.
- We celebrate small business, by championing our members through various media channels and hosting our annual Outstanding Business Achievement Awards.
- Through our emerging Magnet initiative, we help small businesses attract top-notch talent.
- Consider us your most important business consultant – come to us first with your marketing, communications, intelligence, policy, public and/or government relations needs. If we don’t have the answers, we know someone who does.
- Leadership opportunities exist through participation in our many committees, divisions, task forces or on our board. Grow your personal brand by getting involved in community issues.
- We are thought leaders in Hamilton and beyond, sponsoring policies at the municipal, provincial and national levels that help ease the regulatory burden of small businesses.
- We are powerful advocates for all of our members; the Chamber has a strong relationship within all areas of municipal government and we actively lobby on behalf of our members on an individual and collective basis to address red tape in City Hall.
- We provide leadership in city building, advocating for municipal actions that help grow the Hamilton economy, to the benefit of all of our members.