Outstanding Business Achievement Awards
Hamilton Chamber Announces 2017 Outstanding Business Achievement Awards Nominees
February 14, 2018 – Hamilton, ON – The Hamilton Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the following nominees for the 2017 Outstanding Business Achievement Awards presented by Royal Bank of Canada.
Small/Medium/Large Business of the Year: These awards will be presented to a profit- centered private business organization, whose business achievement made an outstanding contribution to Hamilton in 2017.
Small Business of the Year (1-10 employees)
• Architect Hair Design
• Orbital Studios Inc.
• The Laundry Design Works
Mid-sized Business of the Year (10-50 employees)
• IDEAL Bootcamp
• Momentum Fitness
• Universal Cleaners
Large Business of the Year (50+ employees)
• Collective Arts Brewing
• Fairway Electrical Services Inc.
• Walters Inc.
Young Entrepreneur of the Year: This award will be presented to a young entrepreneur(s)
age 35 and under, who owns and operates his/her business in Hamilton.
• RSK Automotive & Collision
• The Laundry Design Works
Not-For-Profit: This award will be presented to a not-for-profit organization that operates in
Hamilton. The organization must have been in business for a minimum of 3 years.
• Dr. Bob Kemp Hospice
• McMaster Athletics Department
This award will be presented to Indwell for creating an accessible work environment, valuing the contribution of persons with disabilities, and promoting the development of an inclusive workplace culture for all.
This award will be presented to the Hamilton Club for its contributions to the community for over 100 years.
“Each year, the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to celebrate the best in business in this community, and these nominees are certainly well-deserving of that distinction,” said Chamber President & CEO, Keanin Loomis. “It’s important to recognize their significant contributions to the vibrancy and prosperity of Hamilton and, in the process, aspire others to excellence.”
The Chamber would like to thanks the sponsors who support this event: Presenting sponsor:
• The Bank of Montreal
• Hamilton Economic Development Department
• Taylor Leibow
VIP Reception Sponsor:
• Lawrie Insurance Group Inc. Reception Sponsor
• Soundbox Productions
The winners in each category will be announced at a gala dinner on March 20th, 2018 at Carmen’s. Tickets are now available at https://www.hamiltonchamber.ca or by calling 905.522.1151 ext. 100.
Media contact: Marie Nash, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org | 905-522-1151 ext. 245 C: 905-741-7164
– Leadership & Entrepreneurship
– Product or Market Innovations
– Any Unusual Business Achievement
– Sales and/or Employment Growth and Technological Advancement
– Excellence in Community Relations/Promotion
– Environmental Consciousness
– Customer Service and Reliability
– High Standard of Employee Relations including Accessibility
– Demonstrated support for diversity in the workplace policies
– Support for Not-for-Profit arts organizations
– Business Accessibility, (AODA, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act), with the sub-category of implementation of customer service training and policy and procedure