OBAA Nomination Form
Each year, the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to celebrate the best in business in our community. We are now accepting nominations for deserving businesses in Hamilton. The criteria are listed below. Click HERE for a list of previous winners. Previous winners may not be nominated in the same category.
Small/Medium/Large Business of the Year: These awards will be presented to a profit-centred private business organization, whose business achievement made an outstanding contribution to Hamilton in 2016.
Small Business of the Year (1-10 employees)
Mid-sized Business of the Year (11-50 employees)
Large Business of the Year (50+ employees)
Young Entrepreneur of the Year: This award will be presented to a young entrepreneur(s)
age 35 and under, who owns and operates his/her business in Hamilton.
Not-For-Profit: This award will be presented to a not-for-profit organization that operates in Hamilton. The organization must have been in business for a minimum of 3 years.
Accessibility: This award is presented to a company that has worked to achieve an accessible work environment, values the contribution of persons with disabilities, and promotes the development of an inclusive workplace culture for all.
Century: This award is presented a company who has been in continuous business for 100 years or more.
– Leadership & Entrepreneurship
– Product or Market Innovations
– Any Unusual Business Achievement
– Sales and/or Employment Growth and Technological Advancement
– Excellence in Community Relations/Promotion
– Environmental Consciousness
– Customer Service and Reliability
– High Standard of Employee Relations including Accessibility
– Demonstrated support for diversity in the workplace policies
– Support for Not-for-Profit arts organizations
– Business Accessibility, (AODA, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act), with the sub-category of implementation of customer service training and policy and procedure