60 Minutes with the City Manager
On January 28, 2021, the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce & City of Hamilton launched 60 Minutes with the City Manager in place of its annual in-person City Manager’s Breakfast event.
60 Minutes with the City Manager provides a rich history of Hamilton City Manager Janette Smith – from growing up on a farm in Hamilton, challenges that she has faced, how her time in Public Health has prepared her for COVID-19, and her vision for Hamilton moving forward.
Topics also covered in detail in the video:
• COVID-19, Public Health measures, unraveling next steps post-lockdown
• Hamilton’s Post COVID-19 recovery (Mayor’s Task Force for Economic Recovery initiatives)
• City of Hamilton’s Term of Council Priorities
• Affordable housing, homelessness, and encampments
• Defund the police in Hamilton
• Collaboration between all three levels of government
The Hamilton Chamber would like to thank community partners: Cogeco Inc., CN, and Meridian Credit Union for their support and in being amenable to the new format of this year’s City Manager event.