How Your Company Can Help Combat COVID-19
To help remove obstacles and streamline Ontario’s ability to respond to the outbreak and navigate through it, several temporary rules and regulations have been put in place.
To support your ongoing work during COVID-19, you can request a temporary regulation or policy to change to help:
- assist the health care system meet the needs of needs of the emergency
- assist businesses in retooling or producing essential or health-related products and supplies
- make it easier for businesses trying to operate remotely or in a non-traditional fashion and are facing unexpected challenges
Able to donate medical grade PPE or baby monitors?
Contact St. Joe’s: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Hamilton Health Sciences: PPEdonations@hhsc.ca
Please provide the following when emailing Hamilton Health Sciences:
1. Product description
2. Product code (if applicable)
3. Identify if the boxes are opened or sealed (if applicable)
4. Your contact information
Hamilton is looking for PPE Donations
The City of Hamilton is looking for donations of:
- disinfectant wipes
- eye protection
- hand sanitizer
For more information or to make a donation, contact email@example.com or call 905-546-2424 x 2257. Visit hamilton.ca/coronavirus to read more.
Calling All Suppliers:
How you can help Provincially:
On March 21st, the provincial government set up a website for businesses that can help Ontario during this crisis. If you need help making an online submission, call 1-888-777-0554.
- If your business or organization can provide medical products such as ventilators, swabs, masks and eye protection, click here
- If your business or organization can help communities withstand the pandemic and you have a solution for any of the below, click here:
- virtual mental health services for people who are vulnerable or living in remote communities
- supply chain resiliency monitoring
- financial planning and advising for small businesses that can be delivered online at low-cost including advice about relief programs and how to apply
How you can help Federally:
Are you a business that can supply products and services in support of Canada’s response to COVID-19? Canada wants to hear from you.
The federal Government has launched a procurement to intake details as to what supplies industry can offer them to alleviate supply pressures related to COVID-19. Public Service and Procurement Canada are accepting all unsolicited proposals through their portal, available here.
The Plan to Mobilize Industry to fight COVID-19 directly supports businesses to rapidly scale up production or re-tool their manufacturing lines to develop products made in Canada that will help in the fight against COVID-19.
Companies interested in these opportunities must be able to say “yes” to the following:
- You manufacture in Canada and/or have ready access to necessary inputs through your supply chain.
- You have equipment or facilities that can be rapidly re-tooled to meet medical needs, including for personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks and surgical gowns; sanitizers; wipes; ventilators; and other medical equipment and supplies.
- You have skilled workers who are able to respond and who could be available for work in the current circumstances.
Ending COVID-19 Scams
Government of Canada has reported COVID-19 scams popping up across the country. Fraudsters targeting Canadians via text, email, phone and at the door. Learn more here.
If you’re the target of a COVID-19 scam, report it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
Reporting to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
By phone: 1-888-495-8501 (toll free)
Online: Fraud Reporting System
A number of fraudulent sites that spoofed the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and, most recently, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) have already been taken down by the Communications Security Establishment (CSE).