How You Can Support Local Business
To ensure Hamilton’s economic growth and success through COVID-19, there are several local initiatives and partnerships aimed at helping local business. Here are a few ways you can support local during this time:
- Shop small and order takeout or delivery. Even though their doors may be closed, many businesses are still offering online sales and takeout options with no-contact shipping/delivery. Check out Hometown Hub: an all-in-one on-line sales site for Hamilton’s small businesses. It provides a platform for local small businesses to sell gift cards and online merchandise as well as the ability to quickly bring merchants on-line if they do not already have this sales capability.
- Purchase a gift card for future use. You may have to wait to use it but it provides cash to the business now when they need it most. You can give the gift of local with ShopEatPlay. Shopping local is just a click away with the purchase of a physical or digital gift card. Businesses who wish to set their shop up on ShopEatPlay can also take advantage of a special offer: extended access to its online gift card platform and marketplace for 3 months at NO COST to ANY local business in the Hamilton area.
- Submit a positive Google review online for your favourite business.
- Attend an online fitness workout. Many fitness providers are offering classes from home virtually.
- Support a local not-for-profit/charity. To the extent that you are able, please donate directly to local not-for-profits and charities to ensure that critical support continues to be available to those most vulnerable in our community.
- Support Hamilton’s 13 BIA’s. Hamilton has 13 unique business improvement areas (BIAs). BIAs improve the look, feel, and financial success of the area. There are over 1,000 businesses in Hamilton’s BIAs, with a commercial assessment of over $400 million. Discover each of Hamilton’s 13 BIAs below to learn more about their location, unique assets, and efforts in the community. (c/o investinhamilton.com)